Raise your headphones to your ears and listen like you have no cares, Stuck Mic AvCast Episode 9 is here!
- Reminder - we now have a "Classic" non-interactive MP3 ONLY version of the podcast that you can subscribe to: Stuck Mic AvCast MP3 Feed
- Listen email regarding autopilot babies and over reliance on cockpit automation
- Reference: Colgan Air 3407 accident
- Reference: Air France 447 accident
- Co-host feedback on their use of autopilots
- Hypoxia and the 4 types
- Signs & symptoms of hypoxia
- Dangers of not recognizing your hypoxic
- FAA requirements for supplemental oxygen
- Introduction to using a Pulse Oximeter
- Electronic Carbon Monoxide detectors and why their the best option
- Go/no go flying decisions
- Using onboard weather equipment
- AOPA thunderstorm accident statistics
- Using XM Weather
- Using Flight Watch
- Diverting to an alternate airport
After Landing Checklist
~ Picks of the Week ~
Carl - Flight Aware
Len - High Altitude Chamber/Physiology Flight (only available at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, Oklahoma City, OK)
Subscribe Here if you want to receive our audio and blog posts via email and delivered directly to your inbox, including special offers and sneak previews.
Submit your questions and feedback via blog comments, Twitter, or email and we'll be sure to answer them on the air!
We love publishing and delivering useful content and information for you. Please support the show by visiting our affiliate partners below.
You can also subscribe with the podcatcher of your choice using http://stuckmicavcast.com/feed/podcast/
Fly Smart. Fly Safe.