The SMAC gang is cold! Carl’s braving 30º temps in Florida, Victoria’s taking cover from frost-quakes, Len’s in his Chi-beria bunker, Sean’s absent, loaded up with bronchitis antibiotics, and Rick is holding it down in Boston. Even though they’re frozen right now, Carl and Victoria have each been to the islands recently.
Victoria, her husband Bob, and their dog Turbo flew down to the Bahamas for some relaxation. She’ll tell you all about what it’s like getting in and out of the islands in a GA airplane with a dog. Carl flew a trip down to Haiti recently. He’ll discuss what it’s like getting in and out of the country and how his crew had to adapt to new rest rules.
***Don't forget to share this episode by clicking that Like, Share, Tweet button to spread the love!***
- US Sport Aviation Expo Sebring Sport Aviation Expo is almost here! From January 16th to 19th this event focuses on Sport Aircraft and the Sport Pilot Certificate with exhibitors, static aircraft displays, forums, speakers, workshops, and a bunch more. Carl expects to be there volunteering for Expo Radio which will be broadcast live, on the web at LiveATC.net/expo
- It’s less than two months to Women of Aviation Week! Join Victoria in helping promote aviation to women from March 3rd through March 9th. Whether through hosting your own event, volunteering, or sponsoring, every lit bit makes a difference.
- Listener, friend, and CFI Ron Klutts’ first student passed his private pilot check ride! Congrats to Varun on this awesome achievement. You can read the full story called A New Pilot and learn about Varuns' experience during a real life emergency on his check ride! As if the excitement of a check ride isn't enough.
- Sign up to become a Stuck Mic AvCast VIP! Get all of our content delivered right to your email inbox including sneak preview access to episodes before they release to the general public.
- Shout out to our rockin' sponsors, Aviation Universe for supporting this episode!
- What do you need to fly to the islands?
- What’s it like flying all the way to the Caribbean with a dog?
- How much does it cost to fly into the Bahamas?
- Bahamas Flight Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, With Dogs
- Flying into Haiti
- Flying with new airline rest rules
- FAR Part 117
- Getting around in Haiti
- Dealing with customs
- Benefits of GA flying vs airline flying
- 737 lands at London-Gatwick despite instructions to go around http://avherald.com/h?article=46e21731&opt=0
- Discussion on dangers of landing without clearance
After Landing Checklist
~ Picks Of The Week ~
- Victoria – Revere Comfort Max Inflatable Life Vests
- Rick – ForeFlight Mobile 5.5.1 update: ADS-B radar
- Len – Pocket Monkey multitool
- Carl – Advanced Guide to Holding Patterns
This Episode Is Sponsored By