Eric, Rick, Victoria, Larry, Russ and Carl are all here to discuss winter flying, stabilized approaches, and flying when sick.
- Thanks to Pilot Mandi On Instagram for the photo this week.
- Follow Us On Instagram:
- Eric Crump – Students interview. Four of his students just interviewed and were given offers for ExpressJet. Carl helped with interview prep, 100% of students Carl has helped with interview prep have received job offers!
- Carl reads an email from a listener about his success story.
- Winter weather flying
- Practical Guide To Winter Flying – First Video Is Free
- Takeoff and Landing Performance Assessment (TALPA)
Flying Sick – Tis the Season for Colds
- Personal minimums
- Risk assessment (PAVE)
- 14 CFR Part 61.53
- Good medications database (you can search by category)
- Here’s an alternative medical database, which seems to have the same information
- AOPA AIR SAFETY INSTITUTE, UND STUDY STABILIZED APPROACH
After Landing Checklist:
Picks Of The Week:
Eric – ASI interactive online courses Great free resources for anyone that needs a refresher or for learning new skills.
Carl – Avidyne IFD440 Video Page Lots of video tutorials for using the 440.
Russ – NASA web page and apps.
Rick – Unmatched Air Traffic Control It's a pretty good ATC app, but there are some drawbacks.
Victoria – Lularoe Airplane Leggings Very popular leggings for women, some of which now have aviation related prints.
Larry – PilotMall A great place to get all kinds of aviation related gear.