Welcome to the podcast where we educate and inspire you to fly. Today we have a special guest Kent Shook. Kent is an aviation podcast pioneer and one of the original organizers of Podapalooza at AirVenture. Kent has a varied technical and aviation background which helped him create the popular PilotCast Podcast. Joining us tonight on the podcast are Rick Felty, Larry Overstreet, Tom Frick, and Victoria Neuville.
Sponsor: AviationCareersPodcast.com – New Membership benefit is the Advanced Holding Patterns Video. For only $10 a month or $100 a year membership includes:
- The entire online directory of scholarships.
- The Practical Guide To winter Flying
- The Pilot Jobs Book Online Course.
- Flying IFR Safely this summer.
- Thunderstorms Hazards and avoidance.
Go to AviationCareersPodcast.com to learn more.
- In The Beginning – The birth of aviation podcasting.
- How Podapalooza began and where we are today
- The melding of Kent’s aviation background and technical background.
- How Kent developed his passion for aviation and what he flys now.
- Kent has figured out many ways to have fun with his ratings.
- There’s always that “next rating” you can go for
- Flying club benefits.
- He’s figured out how to have a mission for flying, and not just do the same old stuff over and over.
After Landing Checklist:
Picks Of The Week:
No Picks of the week since this is an interview.
Links Mentioned In The Podcast:
http://mountaincanyonflying.com/ – The mountain flying course
http://capcityflyers.org/ – Kent’s flying club Capitol City Flyers
http://www.greencastle-aeroclub.com – The other flying club Kent was in, where the pumpkin bombing was done
http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com – Dr. Bruce
http://www.rickdurden.com – CFI Rick Durden
http://northwoodsaviation.com – Northwoods Aviation, where Kent flies on floats and skis
Video Of The Week:
Pilotcast Video – Oshkosh 2011 – LSAF – JAARS